Stora Skuggan Azalai EdP
Stora Skuggan Azalai EdP
Azalai is a sixth fragrance from the Stockholm-based perfumery Stora Skuggan. Azalai is a caravan route through the Ténéré region of the Sahara desert where camel trains have transported salt and gold for a thousand years. Along the route stood a single acacia tree, the only living thing in a sea of sand. This was the most isolated tree in the world, 150 km from anything else.
This acacia, known as The Tree of Ténéré, was the last surviving plant from a time when the desert was less parched than it is today, thanks to its roots reaching deep into a water pocket, an underground pool hidden more than 30 meters below the desert. It is easy to see how the Tuareg caravan riders, themselves desert survival specialists, held the tree and its amazing strength in the highest esteem. Breaking the branches for firewood or letting the camels eat the leaves was considered blasphemy.
This loneliest tree in the world was one of very few landmarks along the Azalai, a sacred testament to the resilience of life, which had guided caravans for centuries. Despite this, and the fact that it was the only obstacle for miles around, in 1973 a truck driver crashed into the tree when he fell asleep at the wheel, destroying the tree.
The fragrance started as an olfactory impression of gold, with radiant warmth from saffron and blood orange, and the glossy, luxurious musk velvione (a material that has been described as pressing your nose against the skin of a newborn's scalp). Gum acacia, a syrup made from acacia sap, provides sugary sweetness balanced by salty amber and incense. A touch of mint tea and dried fruit pays tribute to the Tuareg caravan riders.
About Stora Skuggan
About Stora Skuggan
Due to shipping regulations we only ship perfumes within Norway.
We offer various delivery options depending on your location:
- Collect in-store: all orders can be collected from our Oslo store for free. Depending what time your order is placed, it will be ready for collection the same or following day. Orders can be collected Monday-Sunday.
- Oslo area: choose from standard delivery with Bring or same day, next or nominated day delivery with Porterbuddy. Prices will be calculated at checkout where you'll be shown all the options available for your location.
- Norway: we ship nationwide with Bring. Prices will be calculated at checkout where you'll be shown all the options available for your location.
All orders are sent directly from our store either the same or next day.
We hope you love your new purchase, but if something isn't right you can find the information about how to return it below.
Purchases made in-store can be returned within 14 days for an exchange or store credit. Sale items bought in-store are non-refundable.
For online customers in Norway, you can bring your return directly to Dapper Oslo, or email us for a return shipment label. 59NOK will be deducted from your refunded amount.
For international customers, you can email us for a shipment label to return your item(s) via DHL. 150 NOK will be deducted from your refund amount. Alternatively, you can return it to us through a shipping method of your choice - we recommend that you choose a trackable shipping method as we cannot be responsible for untracked returns not arriving.
All returned items must have all tags & packaging intact & be in their original resalable condition. We strongly advise you to check items thoroughly upon receipt before removing any attached tags, or disposing of any original packaging. Please notify us immediately by email if you receive any item which is defective, damaged or missing original tags/packaging.
Full online terms:
- New, unworn items which are in their original packaging with all original tags attached may be returned to Dapper Oslo within 14 days of receipt for refund or exchange (subject to stock availability).
- Refunds will be issued via original payment method within two weeks of our receipt of the item(s).
- Shoes returned without their original box and packaging cannot be accepted.
- The return of defective or damaged items will only be accepted if the item was defective or damaged upon receipt.
- Sale items purchased online are subject to our standard return policy.
- The cost of the return shipment will be deducted from your refunded amount.
- Fast shipping from Oslo
- In business since 2013
- Hello from Norway